The most common way to convert file format in seconds is with the help of a software.
Now a days with out software we cant do anything but this post will contradict the statement.
Why we need File Extension?
File name extension gives an analytical understanding to operating system as well as to users for handling the file in an appropriate way
For example Hyperang.mp4 is a video file, so it can be accessed using appropriate video player application
At the end of this post you will never need any kind of software for any type of conversion.
All you need is a line of code.
Before knowing the code brush up your file extension basics below
- BMP Windows Bitmap
- GIF Graphics Interchange Format
- JPEG Joint Photographic Experts Group
- PNG Portable Network Graphics
- TIFF Tag Image File Format
- ASF Advanced Systems Format
- AVI Audio Video Interleave
- DivX Digital Video Express (DivX-encoded Movie)
- FLV Flash Video
- MP4 MPEG Layer 4
- MPEG Moving Picture Experts Group
- WMV Windows Media Video
- AIFF Audio Interchange File Format
- BWF Broadcast Wave Format
- DAT Digital Audio Tape
- M3U Moving Picture Experts Group Audio Layer 3 Uniform Resource Locator
- Mp3 MPEG Audio Layer 3
- WAV Waveform PCM Audio
- WMA Windows Media Audio
- DOC Microsoft Word Document
- DOCX Microsoft Word Open XML Document
- FDR Final Draft Document
- FODT Open Document Flat XML Document
- ME Readme Text File
- NDOC Naver Word Document
- PDF Portable Document Format ( read only)
- RTF Rich Text Format File
- SUB Subtitle File
- TXT Plain Text File
Steps to be followed forever to convert any file format
Step 1: Open the destination folder.
In my case i prefer to convert a bunch of AVI files to MP4 in a single shot.
Step 2: Edit the path to “cmd” press Enter.
Step 3: Type
ren *.* *.mp4 (type any other file format you want)
Here we converted a bunch of AVI files to MP4 in seconds.
Thus you can convert file format in seconds with out any 3rd party software.
Hint 1: You can also hide any file using this technique
In case if you have a video file name xxx.mp4 using this you can make it as xxx.txt file after that rename it to something else in my case hyperang.txt
Hint 2: You can compress folders without winrar, winzip etc
Doing things using commands instead of using a software is cooooooooooool.
Feel Free to share your thoughts in comments.
Suggested Reading: How to activate windows godmode